Hi all,

I worked with a Indian IT major, my employment was on contract for first 9 months and later they made me permanent 3 months ago in Jan. I was not very happy with my profile and package and in between got an offer from some other company who wanted me to join in 15 days.

I put the resignation in the tool(online) stating that I have got offer from some other company who are paying me better and also told them (verbally) that I have some financial issues in family hence need this job anyhow and will not be able serve 2 months notice. i also told them in writing that I am willing to pay notice pay. My manager gave no concern to it and said that he cannot relieve me until I serve 2 months notice (nor he can increase my salary or change my role in the team) and I will have to give KT to the replacement. I kept requesting them for 2 weeks(post resignation) but they did not considered my request , hence I left the company ( told my reporting manager on phone) and submitted the laptop (took receipt also from IT dept) and joined the other company.

My new employer knows the entire scenario.

After one week of joining I got a call from HR (of previous co) stating that they will send me a legal notice as I have not given proper KT and will run an absconding action against me which means that i will not get the relieving letter and experience letter and Full and final settlement will also be not done.

I want to know what can be the implications or consequences of this legal notice , can they send it to me even after I have stated that I am ready to pay the notice pay amount and I have also submitted the laptop.

Pls suggest ...
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Priya Kumar,
Once you receive a legal notice, do not hesitate to consult a lawyer.
Since you have the receipt of submission of the company's property (Laptop) , it would not be a problem to prove your resignation .
Do post the terms & condition of your appointment letter, so that i would help all of us to give you a better suggestion.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™