A family is living in the apartment next to mine. One day, suddenly they sent away their daughter in law from their home. She requested them to open the door and let her in but they didnít respond. I know her for a few months. She was newly married girl from the village. At the time I took her to my home and called her parents and sent her with his parents once they arrived. I talked to her mother in law who said her son wanted a divorce. They have been citing silly grounds for divorce. I advised her to meet family counsellor to solve their problem. However, even though the husband has been attending his office regularly, he is refusing to meet his wife and undergo any counseling.

How can I help in such a situation?

From India , Hyderabad
what would be the caste of a child born out of intercaste marriage and let me know the provision of Law
From India , Bangalore
Dear Friends
For taking admission in a Medical College for a Brahmin Girl (due to less marks she cannot get admission in General quota), if she marries to a SC or ST Boy, then the Girl can get the Medical Seat as her husband belongs to SC or ST and she will have to adopt the husband's community. Like that the child born out of the relationship of a inter caste, obviously the child will have to adopt the father's caste.
In case of any controversy please revert back.

From India, Kumbakonam
The law does not deny or prohibit inter-caste marriages in India and therefore the status of the child born out of an inter-caste marriage remains uneffected.
From United States , New York
As for the question regarding the women who was thrown out of the house by the in-laws, as a neighbour you can report to the local police under domestic violence act. This act is not penal in nature, and will not amount to punishing the husband or in-laws. However, it will legally oblige the in-laws and husband to attend the marriage counseling session with a designated marriage counselor of the state.
The marriage counselor may then prepare his/ her report and advise the court as well as the husband and wife regarding future course of action and options. In event she finds any sort of violent behaviour towards the girl, she may assist the girl in taking penal action against the in-laws.

From United States , New York

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Coô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server