Applicability ESI Act,
1) All factories excluding seasonal factories employing 10 or more persons and working with electric power.
2) All factories excluding seasonal factories employing 20 or more persons and working without electric power.
3) Any establishment which the Government may specifically notify as being covered.
4) Shop employing 20 or more persons.
1) Any person employed for wages (up to Rs. 15,000) in or in connection with the work of a factory or establishment end.
2) Any person who is directly employed by the employer in a factory or through his agent on work which is ordinarily part of the work of the factory or incidental to purpose of the factory.
FIRST, CHECK APPLICABILITY OF YOUR FACTORY UNDER ESI ACT.
IF ESI IS APPLICABLE TO YOUR FACTORY, CHECK SUB-CONTRACTORS DRAWING WAGES UPTO RS.15,000/-WILL BE ELIGIBLE/COVERED UNDER THE ESI ACT.
15th March 2012 From India