I am a freelancer. I receved money online in icici bank from a client from madurai from his icici bank account. Same day i transfered money to a person from chennai who works for me. Next day morning i got a call from person from chennai that his account got debit freeze becoz i have transfered funds to his account. I went to bank and made enquiry about the entire issue.
Details of the entire issue is:

Someone hacked bank account of a person from jaipur and through that account he transfered funds to another account in mumbai. Mumbai person transfered funds to my client in madurai. From my madurai client i got payment and from my account i transfered to my worker.

Account holder of jaipur filed a police case. in turn police ordered for debit freeze of accounts on all the accounts in the entire chain. As a result i can deposit funds in the account but i cannot withdraw nor use the funds.

Its more than 3 years since this incident occured.I have mailed bank several times to remove my debit freeze. They have followed up thru my complaint and finally told me that as its police order they cannot remove the debit freeze on account till they receive any such orders from police.

How long should i suffer this way for the fault done by someone else? Is there anyway to get my funds out? If anyone willing to help me or solve my problem i am ready to share the amount with them.

From India, Bangalore
Hi. Please file a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman. Log on to "https://secweb.rbi.org.in/BO/compltindex.htm", and submit a complaint online.
From India, Pune
Thanks for your reply bro. You have provided the link that has just form saving but am not able to submit the form online. can you please provide me the link to submit online or procedure how i should do it.
From India, Bangalore
Sir, I was just browsing the site and this issue was caught by me, hope things got cleared by this time. If not you may follow the following procedure: [1] arrange to obtain the certification from the banker about the freezing, wherein they will mention the reason and the office of the authority who have issued the freezing orders. [2] arrange to collect all the relevant documents of your credentials like PAN copy bank statement, documents pertaining to credits on to your account, basically this is suggested to enable your selves to make your self not guilt. upon completion of the documentation you may approach the authority furnishing all the evidences which prove your case and further you have any issues you may feel free to contact me on 9010352384
From India, Hyderabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server