Industrial Relations
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
My parents created a lot of problem in my personal life. They exhausted me off my money by misguiding me into vague investments. I have not kept any written record of the money I have lend.

Whenever I wanted to resign work they forced me to work, and whenever they would need money they would be good to me. If I refused to pay them they would threaten and abuse me and all was because they wanted to en gulp all my salary. Till I was earning they behaved well with me but otherwise they are rude and rough.

Even after I got married they have not let me and husband be at peace, and are still asking me to pay for the useless investment policies my father made me do. He also refuses to hand over these policy bonds to me.

They also time and again try creating rift between me and my husband or between me and my in laws, they expect me to go back and earn for them again, or marry any other rich man who would fulfill their greed. There is one more sister to me who doesn't work though capable and though my father himself is earning good to support the family of three.

Kindly advise me if there is a way to legally sue one's tyrannous parents and get back my hard earned money from them.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Please inform your husband and in laws about your parents behaviour and their urge to extract money.
Seek their advice and if they advise then proceed to file a case against them in nearby police station where you stay.
If this police complaint is not solving your problem then you can file a case in the court of law, seeking relief from your parents.
You can approach any lawyer available nearer to you and take guidance from him.

From India, Kumbakonam
Hello Peace,

Nice name you have chose. That itself indicates that you do not wanna get in to any of the activities which would result in disturbing you the whole life.

Firstly, you have clearly mentioned that you do not possess any of the supporting documents of evidence to prove that you have lent the gross amount of money to your parents. I can very well understand the situation, but I do not really suggest that you may take up any legal against your parents. Think that you have completely cleared all the responsibilities you owe to your parents and warn them strictly that you wont be lending even a penny to any one of them.

Filing a complaint does or a case against them does not going to fetch you anything at the end, but also make you miserable at the cost of money as well as your both peaceful lifestyle.
Not, because you are not encouraged to get back your money but because it is very difficult to prove and stand in the courts of law, it will drag you years in the courts of law without giving you anything at the end but also think of the time and the money you will have to invest. Why to give invitations to the unwanted!!

So, strictly warn them not to contact you at all, and if at all if they just ignore to the core that they do nit get a chance to take lenience and approach you. never be fickle and be stubborn with your decision not to encourage and respond them in any way.

This take few months with the immediate execution of the decision from your side, but afterall takes time so that they can realize the fact. be strict and ignore......... no need to make it a big issue further, it is wholly your personal attitude against them can change the situation.

Regarding the policies, you can always close them if you do not need them, try for closures.........

Think well, if you still need any clarification we may always discuss..........

Have a nice time.......

"Common sense is not so common"..............

From India , Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™