Associate Consultant
+1 Other

Dear Seniors,
I m working in a small pharmaceutical firm.Currently we are permitted for 250 people working here.Now we need more people(approx. 500) as the production is increased due to increased demand in market.please tell me what is the process to get permission/procedure/liability for the same under factories act
6th July 2013 From India, Mumbai
Dear Anku.As2000,
The Factories Act lays down requisites in the following mainly-
Cool Drinking water - good sanitation arrangements - Spittoons at convenient places-
Canteen Arrangement- canteen Committee- Safety Committee- Rest Rooms/Lunch Rooms
First Aid Boxes-Ambulance Room-Medical officer/Medical Staff/Ambulance van-Welfare Officer-
Safety Officer(for 1000 workmen)-Creche-Separate Washing Facilities (for Men/women).
For your convenience, I am attaching the Factories Act, 1948.
9th July 2013 From India , Delhi

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: pdf The Factories Act 1948.pdf (179.3 KB, 539 views)

Dear Sir,
You do not need to seek any permission under the Factories Act for employing 500 people. There is one aspect to this, if your increase in demand is temporary, you need to plan and strategise accordingly. Because after the demand is met and if there are no continuous orders, these additional 250 people will not be utilized fully. Therefore you can think of outsourcing the work if demand is temporary, if it is permanent you can engage these people. There is no procedure involved under Factories Act, except those welfare provisions which already somebody has posted above, it has to be followed and Welfare Officer is to be appointed.
21st October 2016 From India , Pune
Dear Anku,
I think you having permission for 250 people in the CLRA Act, You can enhance the people strength to 500 People through Dy/Addl Labour Commissioner under the CLRA Act by applying in the prescribed forms and prescribed fees too. For regular employees no permission as such is needed. it is only for contractual employees.
Adv Raj Singh Phogat
22nd October 2016 From India, Delhi
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™