In Sep last week i was caught using some other employee bus pass as my company provides transport to emp. The emp bus pass which i was caught using had left the company. I was called by HR team given showcause notice and as it was my mistake i agreed with that so next day HR team asked me to pay penalty which i paid them. after 15 days HR called me and told you are being terminated because of mis-use of bus pass and they gave me termination letter..
I sent legal notice on this to them but they did not reply so I contacted labour commissioner and from there a notice was sent but they did not reply.. what should i do next and can labour commissioner help me to get relieving letter so i can work somewhere? need help..

From India, New Delhi
Can you explain, what is the use of getting the relieving letter quoted as "Terminated on Disciplinary Grounds". You cannot make use of such relieving letter for future employment as it will become a disqualification ab-initio.
Please claim for your full and final settlement and try to go smoothly and get some smooth exit.

From India, Kumbakonam
I tried my best to get releiving letter from company and went till CEO level to request the for proper releiving letter but they are not ready to do this hence i had to sent legal notice and later on i contacted labour commissionar but after this also comany has not given any sign of solving the issue, i am unemployed from last two months..i had new job in hand as i was serving notice period in company which i lost becasue of not having proper releiving letter..plz suggest..
From India, New Delhi
How you have been exited from the company. Did they issue some termination letter. If so, in that termination letter itself the date of last day might have mentioned. It is the proof, that you do not work in that organisation.
From India, Kumbakonam
i was asked to leave company after given discharge/termination letter which i was forced to sign. The letter given to me stating " i have mis-used company bus pass" after 14 days of paying penalty. I need some suggesion on this. Does company has any rights to take two action on the same issue? I was not given any acknowledgement about money which i paid them and after 4 days of payment HR team member told the issue is closed but above things happened..if i go to court what are my chances to get the things done or atleast getting proper releiving letter so i can work somewhere else and survive. Please suggest..
From India, New Delhi
Since you have already approached the office of Labour Commissioner and a notice has been issued to the Management, you must approach this office again for assistance. In the normal course the Management should have issued you a Charge sheet / show cause notice, and held a proper enquiry, You should have been given an opportunity to give your explanation. After the charges were established the Management had the legal right to dismiss/terminate you. In your case this procedure has not been followed and a letter of termination has been given to you based on your admission that you were using another employees pass.

I advise you to knock the doors of the Labour Commissioner again and seek his intervention. If nothing more, you will be entitled to a certificate from your employer that you were in his employment from .......... to........... I cannot say if this will help.


From India , Nagpur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server