I need your suggestion on a case made against me by another person. Hope this forum is helping me to find the solution. I do not have so much financial ability to hire a lawyer. I am currently unemployed. Hence need your inputs.
I am unemployed since October, 2012. This year on Nov, 13, one lady, who is a Recruitment firm owner, whom I know since 2012, had asked me to help her as a friend. There was no employment contract. Recently her lawyer filed a case against me and one of her old employee. The lawyer had filed the case and marked copies to CM, Dy, CM, Crime Branches, Other related jurisdiction.
The happenings: She was moving out of her current office premises to virtual office. She had asked me to join her as I was unemployed and help her through her shifting. While shifting, one CPU was left behind and was not collected. Rest every other thing got transited.
After she moved to virtual office off lately, she called and said to both of us that one CPU is lost (that what she mentioned). She told us to accompany her to police station to lodge FIR. Later on, she told me upfront that we (me and her old employee) are solely responsible and we have to repay it. Then, after hearing this allegation, I denied accompanying her ever & told her “I am nowhere responsible as I was never your employee. You can the one who is employed with you.” Even, the same I had clarified on mail. Also, I had asked for payment of 3K as my service for the month which I would use to utilise my expenditure. She agreed when shifting was being made. Now, when I asked about the payment, she started saying “Return the stolen CPU first” and denied payments to me. I have everything in mail.
Then, in an aggression, she filed the case on both of us stating that we both had done a conspiracy to steal the CPU.
1. I was not employed with her and never got any offer letter, never submitted any joining document and never worked with her as an Employee? What should I do?
2. She had wrote wrong spelling of my name, wrong age and even no address in the complaint filed by her advocate, which firmly shows she doesn’t have any documents or offer letter of mine. Can this point be useful?
3. I have never taken any material to home; still she had made a false allegation? What can I do?
4. Even the police officer, who called me to know what happened, is saying that this case is nowhere standing. She does not have any evidence of me stealing the same. Can she put me behind bars, when I am not at fault?
5. How much weightage carry when her lawyer had “cc” to CM, Deputy CM and other higher authorities?
6. What next I have to do? I am very poor and with no job in hand and still have to feed my 3 dependents with my savings? I do not have financial ability to hire a lawyer. Please suggest.
I asked about her presence in the case, but came to know from the authorities that she is currently out of India. 21st December 2013 From India, Mumbai