Dear Sir,

We request your good self to kindly guide us in recovering our dues from employer/builder/developer.

Ours is a small civil construction firm involved in construction of residential buildings on labour contract basis in Mumbai-Maharashtra.

We take work orders from builders and developers for construction of RCC structure only on Labour basis (without material-Material supplied by employer).

2 Days back suddenly the builder told us to immediately stop work and and terminated the contract agreement just assigning the reason that we have not adhered to the, so called, time schedule they have prepared. whereas in our WO it\'s cleary mentioned that we still have more than 3 months to complete the pending works and we are in such position that we can complete the balance remaining work in next 2 months. We also requested the employer that the reason given by them as highly arbitrary and not according to the terms of contract, but they have refused to listen to us and are not allowing our labours to work, they have given us 15 days to vacate the premises. Also they are not releasing our outstanding dues/performance bank guaranttee/security (retention) deposit etc.

Due to this we are not able to give any payments to our Labours, sub-contractors and suppliers. This is creating unrest among the labours (Approx. 250 Nos.) and they are threatening our site staff, that they will harm them. We can\'t even file criminal complaint against labours as they are not at fault since they getting their dues and their families (Approx. 40 Nos.) suffering a lot.

Pls. guide us in this matter, we are even ready to incur some expenses, if we are able to recover our dues and help the poor labours.

Anxiously awaiting your positive reply and help.

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Mutta
31st January 2014 From India, Mumbai
Siddharth ji, Can you update on this matter please.What measures have you taken against builder to recover your money ? I have a similar case and do not know how to handle this matter.
16th February 2016 From India, Pune
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™