There are so many labour laws available in any industry. For example if you are in construction industry you will have to follow the below mentioned Acts & Rules
1. Building & Other Construction Workers Act & Rules / Factories Act & Rules / Mines Act & Rules / Shops and Establishment Act & Rules
2. Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act and Rules
3. Inter State Migrant workers Act & Rules
4. Payment of Wages Act & Rules
5. Minimum Wages Act & Rules
6. Payment of Bonus Act & Rules
7. Payment of Gratuity Act & Rules
8. Building & Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Act & Rules
9. Labour Welfare Fund Act
10. Industrial Dispute Act and Rules
11. Industrial Employment Act
12. Workmen Compensation Act & Rules
13. Abolition of Bonded Labour system Act & Rules
14. Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act & Rules
15. Arbitration Conciliation Act
16. Employees PF & Misc Provision Act
17. Employees State Insurance Act
18. Employers Liability Act
19. Environment Protection Act
20. Equal Remuneration Act & Rules
21. Indian Fatal Accidents Act
22. Maternity Benefit Act and Rules
23. Oilfields Regulation & Development Act
24. Personal Injuries (Comp & Ins) Act
25. SEZ Act and Rules
26. Trade Unions Act
27. Unorganised Workers Social Security Act
28. Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act
29. Weekly Holidays Act
30. National and Festival Holidays Act
31. Boilers Act
By the above acts, any Government Employee can enter in any commercial establishment/factory/mine/Construction Site and simply threaten the management the extracting the money for their personal use. (Factories / Mines / Construction sites / Shops / even petrol pumps/hotels) The undue beneficiaries are normally Health Department, Civil Supplies, Police (Traffic / Crime / Law & Order / Intelligence) Department, RTO Authorities, PF Commissioner Office, ESIC, Labour Department, Factories / Industrial Safety and Health, Sanitary Department, Local Municipal authorities, Pollution Control Board, etc are some of the Government departments and their personnel making money by using the above acts.
To avoid such undue extraction of wealth from the organisation, the Government must make a single Labour Law which will fix for one industry (In case of Factory - One Factory Law to be made and it will have all the subject of the above acts and in case of Mines - One Mines Law which contains all the above relevant subject and in case of Construction Industries one Construction Law to be made), so that repeated formats in different act with different formats for single Wages register, Muster Roll and many other standard formats cannot be in question for any industry.
May I expect the opinion of the Legal experts for filing a PIL for compilation of abundant laws which can fit for an industry and have all the required formats needs to be followed, so that the organisations can also maintain the statutory compliance meticulously and the Government Officials undue extraction of money and benefits can be restricted upto some extent.
18th May 2014 From India, Kumbakonam
Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips.
All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.