Hello! Every one need your advise & Help, I am an Engineer after passing my Engineering i joined a company which was in starting stage,they committed that they are going to do work in my core work after they asked to sign 2 years bond with them,After few days they asked me to submit my all academic certificate to verify,when i asked my certificate back they said its included in that bond. then i asked them to give me acknowledgement that they have my original academic certificate for each,They Give me within a 3months i found that work is not related to my Job profile again i discussed with them they only tolerated this every time. In the End i Give my Resignation. Now its almost 1.5 years,I sand them lote of mails & letters to give my Academic documents back,But they didn,t give me.
How can i get my Documents back,is it any provision in Indian labor law?
Is it Permissible & legal to hold Original Academic Documents of any one.
Please help me.

From India, Delhi
Industrial Relations
Narasimhan TS
Formerly Exec Director In Darcl Logistics
Manager Administratio
+1 Other


Dear Emran
First of all let me welcome you to this knowledge sharing forum. Here you can seek guidance and you can guide others also.
In India there is no legal sanctity for the Bonds. Hence it is illegal to get signature on Bonds as well they do not have any right to hold back your original Academic Certificates with them. After due verification they have to return back the originals to you.
Please approach some good lawyer, who can help you in getting the Original Academic certificates and your other benefits. In case your F&F Settlement Payment is not effected, then you can approach the court of law, for which also the Lawyer can guide you.
While going to the lawyer, please carry the following things with you.
Your Offer of employment
Your Appointment letter on probation
Your appointment letter on confirmation
Your Salary Slips
Your PF Details
Original Documents submission proof.

From India, Kumbakonam
Narasimhan TS
Dear Mr. Emran
I also subscribe to the views of Mr Bhaskar. I would like to add whether you have sent a registered letter acknowledgement due. In the letter please drive home the point that the absence of original academic certificates is disabling you to apply for jobs you are otherwise qualified for thereby you are losing opportunities. For the obvious heavy opportunity cost in terms of salary loss with potential employer and mental agony undergone inform them that you will have to take recourse to them for redress. Supplement with proper legal notice from a competent lawyer. I am sure you will get the results.
Narasimhan TS

From United States, Seabrook
IF the Certificates are required to submit to the Company under legal bond, The employee must demand and obtain an Acknowledgement for the documents submitted from the Company. Ans also he must be in possession a copy of BOND signed mutually by the Employee and Employer.
I hope, this will create a responsible legal bridge between both parties, for better understand and
base for fighting any legal disputes.

From India , Hyderabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server