I am writing this for getting legal assistance & advice. We are three heir, (myself eldest daughter, my brother & younger sister). Before my father's death, he had informed all of us that he has not prepared any will. After my father's demise, our brother has controlled the entire properties, which include two houses. Now myself , my sister are fighting a legal battle for our rights. A case has been put up in lower court on this matter on 2011. The situation is every time, we get one hearing date, it gets extended to new date, somehow with request of the lawyer of opponent party. My lawyer is till date is unable to give us proper guidance. So much so, that now we are struggling to get next hearing date, which usually comes once in two to three months & then on the day of hearing again cancelled.

There are two things:

1. My case is not moving ahead, since I am helpless on the legal front, my lawyer is also not supportive enough

2. Brother's lawyer is saying they will put up a pivet in higher court saying a will is available. Now they are planning to give both the house to promotor for developing. If we do not accept what they are offering, they will go to high court for pivet. Our lawyer is saying to listen to them.

With such a situation & now 4 years this case is nowhere moving, I sincerely appeal for your support & advice. I am a senior citizen & is now worried about whether I shall be getting my legal rights.

From India, Vadodara
+1 Other


why don't you engaged another (watching) lawyer , over and above the existing lawyer. Watching Advocate will guide you in which direction your case is going. and if watching Adv. advise you that existing lawyer is not working for your betterment . you remove him and engaged another lawyer on whom you can trust.
Adv.Kishor Goswami


First change your Lawyer.
Second to stop your brother from alienating the property, File I.A. in the main suit for the injunction with the help of your new lawyer
Third you can check your case status by online itself.
Forth send the legal notice to the promoter informing them the dispute regarding that property.
Further for any assistant contact me on

From India, Chennai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server