+1 Other

Hi, I run a company in which an employee sold company laptop in market. However, the employee has left the company 7 months back and we have settled his accounts. He admitted on mail that he had sold the laptop at Rs.4000. We deducted that amount from his full and final settlement. Can we now take any legal action against him?
24th January 2016 From India, Pune
This is because, the employee was doing personal business during his employment with us. As per the employment agreement he is not supposed to do any personal business. As he left the company 7 months back, can we take legal action in both the matters? and what action should we take?
24th January 2016 From India, Pune
Either you can send a send him a legal notice through your lawyer or file a police complaint . By any of these action, you can force himto settle the amount he owes you.
16th February 2016 From India, Chennai
Dear Friend,
Definitely, you can take the action against the erring employees as he was bound under the terms and condition of the agreement signed by him with the company.
Now the issue is that his all accounts with the company has been settled and hence you do not have the direct control over him. So the only action lies is the civil action in the court of law for the recovery of the amount of the laptop along with damages if any to the company due to the sale of the laptop in the open market.
you can contact me over 7428133893 if need arises.
Adv Raj Singh Phogat
28th February 2016 From India, Delhi
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™