Thread Started by

HI, This is regarding offer letter (Appointment letter).
Last year I was selected for an organization in Pune as consultant for the period of 6 months. Since Pune is a new place for me I stayed with shared accommodation.
Even after 2 months, I have not assigned any work and I had a different Job offer (one project too from my old customer), I decided to quite my consultation job. Since I remembered there was no notice period, I thought I will be relived.
But, they start to tell that, I have 3 months’ notice period I cannot quite (I asked verbally). At same time my offer letter was misplaced from home was staying (only offer letter, none of the other documents were untouched, I was staying with friends). Then requested to send me copy of offer letter for many times from official mail id, but HR not replied for it.
After more few weeks, I requested from personal mail id and then they sent a copy to personal id.
But it was surprised for me, my notice period was changed to 3months.
In this offer letter, except last page, they have placed organization seal and there was no signature of either party in these pages (I remember during I signed for all pages , there was no notice period).
After my consultation period, my final settlement and reliving letter unnecessary delayed for few months.
After getting the reliving letter, I raised this offer letter issues with ethics consoler of that organization .
But after more than 2 months of investigation, they send a report everything as per there policy.
If I assume no forgery is happened, my question (as per my understanding there is difference is signature)
My question are
1. For 6 months consultants, “3 months’ notice period “is per law?
2. Can they put a seal instated of signature on initial pages of offer letter, is it allowed?
(As I mentioned, except last page, they have placed the company seal, it means they can change anything they want).
I have seen few consultants left by 1 day notice and organization terminated few without giving any notice.
If these are both against law, I like take it forward and fight legally and also want to fight without help of an advocate.
Please me know, is it comes under labor law or any other government bodies?
My native is Bangalore (interview done at my place) is different state, I like fight from here, please suggest me what can be done.
20th July 2017 From India, Bengaluru
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information and resources for business and professional growth. Register Here
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™