1. I took a home loan from SBI Pune in 2013 for Rs 1300000/-
2. I used approx 9 L out of it.
3. The EMIs started in early 2015 and were to continue upto 2022.
4. To best of my recollection, I did NOT opt for any insurance.
5. In Sep 16 an amt of approx 7500/- was deducted for insurance. As per SBI it was an audit requirement. The outstanding loan amt was approx 6 L
6. On receipt of online policy document, I found the coverage given is Rs 30 Lacks and the policy duration upto 2027.
7. I am in correspondence with the SBI general insurance regarding excessive coverage and extended duration, but getting only stock replies that the issue has been taken up.
WHAT is the remedy available to me to get the policy only for the outstanding amt and for the period remaining ?
From India, Pune
If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.