One of our debtor has issued cheques. The cheques were presented but the customer connived with the banker and held the returned cheques from being sent to the presenting bank. This was going on for 2-3 months. Now when we checked with the bank as the credits are not reflected, bank has now returned the cheques as unpaid.
The customer is refusing to pay. What action can be taken on the banker who has not returned the cheques immediately?

From India , Hyderabad
In a dishonour of cheque following are the remedies
1. The from the date of dishonour within 30 days the legal notice has to be issued. From the date of service of notice within 45 days the a criminal complaint has to be lodged.
2. This is time bond case.
3. The civil suit can also be initiated for recovery of money.

From India , Bangalore
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™