If a person dies without writing a will leaving behind 2 adult kids & a wife, what will be the normal procedure for obtaining legal ownership of his property?
Would the birth certificate of his children be deemed valid alternative for the will and establish that they are the legal heirs? Would the wife of the said person require any other documents to obtain her legal share?
The land was handed over to a builder- developer and all formalities were completed. The allocated number of flats and shop spaces were registered in the deceased person's name before his demise.
Please also advice whether wife and kids would have rights to equal share? If so, what will be the legal procedure for transfering these to any one's name?

From India , Delhi
High Court Bombay I am referring to Bombay Regulation Act VIII, 1827, Yes birth certificate is must share depends upon religion to which the deceased belong, its compulsory

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server