I have suspended, pending enquiry 2 employees for their prolonging habitual absenteeism.
In this connection i have the following doubts that can be clarified please.
1) Can the Subsistence allowance be treated as wages? if so is it be eligible for the deduction of PF,ESI?
2) From the payable subsistence allowance we can deduct the outstanding salary loan (EMI) given by the company to the suspended employee, LIC Premium under SSS Schme?
3) Will the employee be treated as continued employee during the suspension period?
4) Suspension Period, pending enquiry and subsistence allowance can be taken in to account for the calculation of Earned Leave wages, Gratuity, bonus?
5) For the 50% (during the 1st 90 days) Subsistence allowance calculation we should take only Basic+D.A or the full gross salary?
17th September 2009 From India , Madras
Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips.
All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.