+5 Others

Dear Friends,
Can an employer bifurcate Minimum Wages in different Heads so as to reduce his contribution towards P.F. Can any one provide me the copy of judgement of Division Bench of the Karnataka High Court in Group 4 Securitas Guarding Ltd Vs RPFC (2004-II-LLJ-1142-Kar H.C) ot any other latest judgment on this matter
8th January 2010 From India , Jaipur
I am trying to obtain a copy of the judgement referred to.
In my understanding, any splitting of minimum wage, should not deprive the employee of the benefit which he would have otherwise derived. For example, reducing the basic and including the same in such allowances, which do not attract provident fund. Otherwise, splitting of minimum wages should be possible.
17th January 2010 From India , Nagpur
You got to go again through MWA. Minimum Wages are basic wages and PF has to be on atleast minimum wage. You cannot breakup minimum wages to different allowances.
17th January 2010 From India , Panipat
Though DA is excluded for calculating the contribution for EPF, the EPF authorities are of the view that the basic plus DA, which form part of the minimum wages, will have to be taken into account. This view is controversial. Only a legal verdict can settle this once and for all.
S. Krishnamoorthy
22nd January 2010 From United States , Roslindale
There is nothing in the present Act which says that PF should be contributed on the minimum wages. The amendment proposed has a wider meaning for PF contributing wages. As per the present Act, Pf is to be contributed on the basic wages, but what is basic wages on which PF is to be contributed has been clearly defined in the Scheme and accordingly basic salary, dearness allowance and retaining allowance form part of basic wages. It has also been clarified that all remuneration which form part of settlement or as agreed with the employee should be considered for PF contribution.
19th November 2015 From India , Kannur
As per the Minimum Wages Act,1948,under section 2(h) "wages" means all remuneration, capable of being expressed in terms of money, which would, if the terms of the contract of employment, express or implied, were fulfilled, be payable to a person employed in respect of his employment or of work done in such employment,and includes house rent allowance
19th November 2015 From India , Delhi

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: pdf Punjab_Haryana_High_Court_Judgment_On_Minimum_Wage-Group4_Security.pdf (65.8 KB, 350 views)

What is your designation in that Hotel? 1. Give a complaint to local labour commissioner. 2. File a civil suit for recovery of your salary before that send a legal notice to them.
16th February 2016 From India, Chennai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™