If the employer gives a cheque which has bounced, what should one do?
I have been in touch with the bank and the employers for the last five months now.

From India , Hyderabad
See, if cheque is dishonored then within 30 days legal/demand notice is to be sent to the person/entity who have issued that cheque to you and if no payment is made within a period of 15 days then you can file a complaint u/s 138 Negotiable Instrument Act within further 30 days. However, you have failed to comply with statutory requirements. It is advised that you again present the cheque before your banker because you said that 5 months havebeen lapsed so you are having 30 days time to present the same through your banker and then comply with all mandatory requirements of demand notice then complaint.
You are having one more option that you can file summary suit on the basis of cheque within proper jurisdiction of concerned civil court.

From India , New Delhi
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™