Industrial Relations
Associate Consultant
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
We are an operations based Company and have our Regional Office in Gurgaon. One of our employee is almost 5 years old in the organisation and he has political influence and relatives in the Police. Our client is also scared of him and does not dare tell us anything against him. He is using our office premises for his political purpose and also as his office for his real estate business. Further to this very often, he threatens our Management staff and last week has also abducted one of our staff for 2 hours. I understand that this was only to scare us.

We have tried to transfer him, but he has not moved out, disagreed to take the transfer letter and again threatened our Manager. He is himself designated as a Manager. We want to terminate him, but our unsure on how t go about it. Can any one please guide me on this issue. Maybe a step by step process of getting rid of him.

From India , Mumbai
i worked for a bpo for 3 months and i had some problems so that time i needed to leave the job i heard from friends that the company in which i worked in wanted a 15 days notice and i didnt have that much i without telling anyone stopped every communications and didnt go to office ... i was also mistakenly granted rs 580 lop in my salary after recieving 3 letters i got letter to pay 9277 rs as a settlement as i signed the papers i didnt find anything that i have to pay some amount on leaving the job ...they mentioned abt the 15 days notice ...please help cause i cant pay so much
From United States
Please register the FIR against the person. Take necessary disciplinary action through your office channel against the employee by creating the documental evidence and by the way of initiating domestic enquiry.
Pay the Notice Pay in advance and settle his all the dues and close him immediately without any delay after completion of domestic enquiry.
If there is no problem in finalising the lease agreement and if it is confirmed that you will get the lease in favour of you, then you can register yourself under Shops and Commercial Establishment Act.

From India, Kumbakonam

My service was terminated for some misconduct without any legal sanction in July 2006.

I approached before Shops and Establishment Govt of West Bengal to get back my full salary during my suspension period as per an Apex court Order.

Company showed an Administrative Order with back date to give a belated legal shape of their Charge Sheet.It was rejected by the Shops and Establishment authority.

Shops and Establishment Govt of West Bengal gave an order with the limitation of their power,to agitate in other forum to get justice.

I approached before the Labor Tribunal where it was dismissed due to my absence as I was not present at that time due to my family problem.

Then I approached before the High Court - Kolkata which is now in progress.

Now the company raised an objection about the maintainability of the case.

As the merit of the case is in my favor can any one suggest about the maintainability of the case?

I want reinstatement in service with all back wages

Which other forum I can proceed to get the Justice

From India , Calcutta
Dear Mr. Rakesh,
You have to deal very sternly with this person. Issue him a chargesheet and initiate a domestic enquiry against him. If he tries any stunts then you can complain directly to the POlice commissioner for appropriate action or police protection during the enquiry, after the misconducts against him are proved you can terminate his services. Allow him full participation in the enquiry but if he is trying to be nasty have a strong enquiry officer deal with him to reject all his applications for unjustified adjournment etc. If he issues threats, they should be recorded on phone or video and action should be initiated.

From India , Pune
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™