+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Sir,
I was an employee of Motorola, Hyderabad for over 5 yrs. I quit in October and applied for payment of gratuuity which I submitted to the HR of Motorola, Hyderabad. It is now 4 months since my resignation. I have sent repeated reminders to the company hr regd. my gratuity settlement application. It seems they send the application from Motorola HR Hyderabad to Motorola HR Bangalore. The bangalore Hr says that they have not received any application till date(even after 4 months). Now they have stopped responding to my repeated emails and phoner calls. Pls advise me on how to proceed further.

From India , Delhi
In the first instant send legal notice to both of them through registered post and then file suit in the high court as petitioner in person after getting it drafted by a lawyer
From India , Shimla
Make an application before the Controlling Authority as appointed by the Government. For your perusal the relevant extract of The Payment of Gratuity Actm, 1972 is given below.

8. RECOVERY OF GRATUITY. - If the amount of gratuity payable under this Act is not paid by the employer, within the prescribed time, to the person entitled thereto, the controlling authority shall, on an application made to it in this behalf by the aggrieved person, issue a certificate for that amount to the Collector, who shall recover the same, together with compound interest thereon at such rate as the Central Government may, by notification, specify, from the date of expiry of the prescribed time, as arrears of land revenue and pay the same to the person entitled thereto :

Provided that the controlling authority shall, before issuing a certificate under this section, give the employer a reasonable opportunity of showing cause against the issue of such certificate :

Provided further that the amount of interest payable under this section shall, in no case exceed the amount of gratuity payable under this Act.

For further opinion ask me.

From India , Delhi
Mr. Santosh, Pls let me know who the controlling authority is to whom I should make application.
From India , Delhi
Priyanka in this regard you must see the provisions of the Payment of Gratuity Act and rules framed thereunder for the State of A.P. In your case the appropriate authority / controlling authority must be Labour Commissioner, subject to the verification from the Act and Rules framed thereunder.
From India , Delhi
dear priyanka
Santosh is right, please get in touch with some good labour lawyer of the area, where you worked or get in touch with Labour Department Office within that area they would provide the complete details about the Controlling Authority.

From India , Hapur
Dear all I too have same problem in Bangalore, need to approach and get proper directions,pleaseadvise,mail.
From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™